Sports Equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.
The club aim is to provide:-
- A foundation to ensure that everyone is treated equally within the context of their activity.
- An environment that everyone can enjoy without discrimination, intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- Actively encourage all members to challenge discrimination within the club.
- Ensure that the club provides a disciplinary procedure which encompasses serious discriminatory behaviour.
- To ensure that all coaches/teachers/volunteers/helpers are aware of the equity policy and are given the opportunity to attend “Equity” workshops.
- The club recognise and adopts the Sport England definition of Sports Equity.