TSWPC Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct Athletes
ALL MEMBERS MUST ABIDE BY THE CLUB CODE ON CONDUCT
- Members should treat other competitors/teams/officials associated with the ASA with due dignity and respect in victory or defeat.
- I will treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with the ASA on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation, gender, faith, ethnic origin or nationality.
- I understand that the use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the disciplinary or child welfare policies.
- I will display a high standard of behaviour at all times and reflect favourably on the sport and the club.
- I will respect the privacy of my colleagues, teachers, coaches with respect to all aspects of the club.
- I will always report any poor behaviour by others to an appropriate office or member of staff.
- I will must comply with the codes, rules and policies of the club at all times.
- I will treat my coach and fellow members with respect, especially when obeying and completing instructions requested by the coach/teacher.
- I will ensure that I have the appropriate equipment for training purposes.
- I will ensure that I comply with the club rules regarding training times and arrive on poolside in readiness to complete poolside warm up as directed by the coach/teacher.
- I will abide by the club discipline with regard to behaviour during training sessions and comply with any instructions of the coach/teacher.
- I understand that if I arrive late, I must report to the coach prior to commencing the session.
- If I need to leave the session for any reason I will ensure that I inform the coach/teacher.
- I will make the coach/teacher aware if I have difficulties in attending training sessions as per laid down for my section.
- If I have any problems with the behaviour of fellow members, I will report them at the time to an appropriate adult.
- At competitions when representing the club, I will always behave in a manner that show respect to my coach, the officers, my team mates and the members of all competing organisations.
- I understand that I will be required to attend events that the club have selected me for, unless agreed otherwise by prior arrangement with the coach/teacher/team manager.
- Swimmers and Water Polo players shall display the required standard of personal appearance at all times. Team kit and equipment shall be worn as directed by the Coach or Team Manager when competing and training, when assembling or travelling, at official team functions or on other occasions as notified.
- I understand that I must report to the coach/team manager on arrival on poolside.
- I will follow all instructions of the coach/team manager during the event including remaining on poolside.
- If I have to leave poolside for any reason, including leaving the event I will inform and get the explicit consent of the coach/team manager before doing so.
- I will support my team mates at all times.
- Swimmers and water polo players are strictly prohibited from taking illegal, performance enhancing drugs and substances. Swimmers and water polo players are expected to be aware of the current list of banned substances. Any person taking medication must ensure that this medication is not on the banned substance list.
- Consumption of alcohol is totally forbidden for athletes under age as defined by UK law. It must not be consumed by Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers or Water Polo Players whilst en route, prior or following a competition event, training camp or team activities, without specific consent of the Team Manager.
During competition alcohol is strictly forbidden for all swimmers and staff.
- Smoking is not allowed by any member of the club i.e. Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers and Water Polo players whilst en route, prior to, during or following a competition event, training session or team activities.
- All members of the club to accept decisions made by officials whether at club level or from an outside organisation.
- Ensure that all members who are representing the club do so in a professional manner inaccordance with A.S.A guidelines.
- All members to obey the “spirit of the rules and laws” both in and out of the pool.